The Steel Shooting course is designed to familiarize the student with the fundamentals of the competition, the practice of the rules and regulations and the practical experience needed when signing up for a competition.
The following are a few key points provided during the 3-hour Course:
1. Introduction to “the ‘beep/timer’ process”
2. Establishing practices for the draw, sight picture and relaxed shooting stance
3. Responsiveness to mis-fires and gun malfunctions
4. Margin of error when shooting plates
5. Strategies, practice, preparation and performance
6. Procedures of the competition course when competing