Active Shooter Civilian ARMED Response
Hours: 16 hour course
This dynamic course of instruction is designed to prepare responsible armed civilians to isolate, distract, and neutralize an active shooter. The course curriculum includes weapon manipulation, threshold evaluation, concepts and principals of team movement (including individual response strategies), setting up for room entry, room entry techniques, approach the crisis site, follow-on responder tactics and coordination with first responder. The course will culminate with dynamic “force-to-force” scenarios.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Tactical Handgun I-II from Jomar Tactical or equivalent from an Jomar Tactical recognized school. Current LE/MIL may be exempt – please contact us to confirm.
Please Email Us with questions regarding meeting these qualifications.
- Good attitude and an open mind
- Pen and paper
- History of Active Shooters
- Threat Assessment
- Situational Awareness
- Principals of Fight or Flight
- Difference between Active Shooter and Lone Wolf
- Survival Mindset needed in response to an Active Shooter
- Tactical Mindset needed to respond to an Active Shooter
- Human Decision Cycle (C3-PO, OODA loop)
- Communications with 911-First responders
What it’s like to be in a real shooting and what are the after effects of a shooting incident?
- Room Entry Individual
- Room Entry Team (2+)
- Rapid Threat Location and Identification
- Rapid Clearing Techniques Individual and Team Movement
- Hallway movements
- Target Engagement
- Accuracy and shot placement under Stress
- Scene Stabilization
- Simunitions Gear will be provided by JOMAR Tactical
- Holster and sturdy belt
- Magazine pouch or holder
- Eye and ear protection
- Male or Female growing cup
- elbow and knee pads
- Sturdy flashlight