Tactical Handgun I
Saturday – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Introduction to Tactical Handgun I is a basic defensive pistol class designed for those who have had little experience with a firearm who is looking for a more challenging course. This class is also intended for those of you who have not had any formal firearms training or it has been a long time since shooting and wants a review of the “basics”.
The principles of Tactical Handgun I are the basis upon which all our other courses are built. This course gives you a solid fundamental grounding and understanding of modern gun fighting and the use of the defensive pistol.
NO prerequisites or experience required.
- Equipment Selection and set up
- Situational Awareness
- Difference between Survival-Tactical Mindset
- Firearms Safety and presentation
- Basic tenets of shooting
- Deploying the pistol from the holster
- Proper loading and unloading
- Singles and control pairs on paper
- Failure drills
- Conceal Carry basic techniques
- Shooting and moving out of the X
- Close Quarter Engagement
- Post Attack response
- Cleaned and oiled and operational handgun 9mm to .45 in caliber. *
- Three magazines *
- Sturdy nylon or leather belt that fits through your pant’s belt loop (1.5″-2″)
- Baseball Hat
- Eye and ear protection
- 500 rounds of factory ammunition